The Spared Rod



Spare the rod and spoil the child, is a famous Guyanese proverb that originated from the Holy Bible. 


Most use it because they understand the meaning and it applies to a situation while some use it because they hear others using it. Why am I using it? Let me stop beating around the bush!


Approximately five days to six days ago, my neighbour's dog came over to my yard and ate about sixteen ducklings. The report made at the police station was ignored by officers because when they visited his house he did not answer their call. Although he was at home, peeping them through his window. The officers left and said that they would have returned but they never did.

Two days after, my neighbour’s dog came again. This time he ate about five ducks and one fowl. The second report was made and when the police officers arrived at his house, he came out and disowned his dog! And once again the officers left!


The rod has been spared so definitely the spoiled dog will return! 

This is a picture showing my neighbour's dog trying to enter his yard just after he ate his belly fully of my innocent ducklings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Berbice qualify the unqualified

Climate Change: Struggle of fishes

Guyana: The Rise and Fall of Bauxite